COVID-19 or as it is commonly known, Corona Virus has now been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO). At Specialist Women’s Ultrasound (SWUS), the health and safety of our patients and team is our number one priority. As such all possible precautions are being taken to minimise the risk to patients, staff and the wider community.
At this point in time, all obstetric and gynaecology ultrasounds and procedures will continue as scheduled.
However, please do not attend our practice if you:
Are displaying any flu like symptoms OR
Have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days OR
Have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
Please contact our reception staff to reschedule on 9898 9055 if the above applies to you.
To help minimise the spread of COVID-19
We ask that only one support person per patient attend ultrasounds to help minimise crowding. We also ask that whilst in our waiting room you keep 1.5 metres apart from other patients.
What You Can Do
• Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth • Frequently wash your hands with soap • Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing • Practice social distancing • Not attend if you are displaying flu like symptoms, have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case
What We Are Doing
We have very strict infection control guidelines we must follow under normal conditions, but we are taking extra steps to be as diligent as possible during this time.
Additional steps we are taking include:
• Disinfecting all surfaces including treatment chairs, waiting room chairs, door handles, bench surfaces at regular periods throughout the day • Offering alcohol based hand sanitiser to all patients • Doctors and reception staff will continue to wash their hands between consultations and utilise alcohol based hand sanitiser throughout the day
We are determined to maintain the highest levels of safety for our patients and the team at SWUS. We will also continue to monitor this situation and keep you updated as more information comes to light.
We appreciate your co-operation and understanding at this time.
Services offered We provide a comprehensive range of services in Obstetric and Gynaecological Ultrasound. We only use state of the art ultrasound equipment with 3D/4D ultrasound capabilities. We are committed to delivering the highest quality service.
Our Services Include:
- Early Pregnancy Ultrasound
- First Trimester Screening Test
- Second Trimester Ultrasound
- Third Trimester Ultrasound
- Chorionic Villous Sampling (CVS)
- Genetic Counselling
- Harmony™ Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT)
- Three Dimensional (3D) Ultrasound
- Gynaecological Ultrasound
- Saline infusion Sonography
- Tubal Patency Studies
- Ovarian Cancer Screening